Most of the drama is over (we think - or maybe it's just beginning?) and we are slowly settling into our new place here in the cougar capitol of the world. Thanks to a lot of late nights, several rolls of packing tape and some very good friends, we managed to pack up all our things and squeeze out of Virginia. I think the only thing we left behind was a tire and a bucket of wheat. I think. Anyway, some pics of the packing job. Speaking of the packing job, it was quite a sight to behold. I'm not sure that any of these pics do it justice. I've half a mind to call up the Guinness Book of World Records and inform them that my husband just set a record for most things stuffed into a POD. I still can't believe we got so much in there. When the PODS were delivered they ended up being much smaller than we thought they'd be.... But Bryce worked his magic and still managed to get almost everything in them. Amazing. Some pics:
Bryce waving his Magic Packing Wand
Some of the troopers who stayed to help - THANK YOU!!!
Once the PODs were loaded and taken away, we packed ourselves into the car and drove off into the sunset. First stop = Ohio! A dear friend and former co-worker, Nicole, lives in Ohio and we had a wonderful time chatting and eating and touring scenic Ohio with them! They live in this charming little town and live in the COOLEST HOUSE EVER. Serious. It is awesome. So much personality and charm. We loved it. Our favorite part was her awesome bathroom, but I told her I wouldn't post the pic we took of it, so you'll just get this lovely one of the 4 us after a fun evening.

So I must be getting old, b/c I can't remember the exact order of all our stops along the way, but here are some pics of a few of them...
Bryce, Lisa, Nicole, Brad - don't we look like we're having the best time?!
So I must be getting old, b/c I can't remember the exact order of all our stops along the way, but here are some pics of a few of them...
Carthage Jail
Daddy & Daughter
Outside the Jail
In front of the Mississippi River with Debbie (who was kind enough to let us crash at her place after very little notice - thank you!) and her kids
Outside the Jail
Outside the Jacob Weiler home where I lived for a semester as a sophmore in college - I love this little house!
...and that's all for now, Folks!
Stay tuned for the next installment of pics.
Adventures in a broken A/C, stops in MO and CO and finally UT coming up next!
4 comments:
katy and i also took a picture of that same restaurant like 8 years ago... and dad had it made into a real sign for christmas one year... which is hanging in the dining room!!! :) good to know its still around!
love that sign!
Actually, I LOVE Nauvoo.
Sweet Sophie and her cute parents on the move.
Blp's got his daddy's jeans? (genes)
I like Sophie's hair in that last picture. She can put it in a little ponytail!
That's right - a ponytail just like cindy loo-hoo's
Post a Comment